Few Cricket Records that will surprise even die hard cricket fansAugust 15, 2022 | Rahul Shriwastav
Cricket is a most beautiful game, here records are made to be broken. The excitement, performances, thrills, skills, and entertainment it provides are unrivalled. What's more amazing is how the impossible is accomplished just to be replaced.
We present some of the most implausible cricket records of all time, which may surprise even the most ardent cricket fans.
1. Jason Gillespie is one of the four batters to score double hundred in his last test. He scored a double century as a night watchman in his career last test match
2. Wasim Akram's Highest test score 257* is better than that of Sachin, Kallis, Ganguly and many more greats of his era.
3. Sanath Jayasuriya has more ODI wickets (323) than the great Shane Warne (293)
4. Shahid Afridi has scored over 8000 ODI runs but interestingly he has never faced 100 balls in one match.
5. Ajit Agarkar still has the record for the fastest ODI for India.
6. Inzamam ul Haq took the wicket of the first bowl he bowled in international cricket and the batsmen were the Great Brian Lara
7. Rahul Dravid has played 173 international innings without being dismissed for a duck.
8. Sachin was the first ever batsman to be given out by 3rd umpire while Sehwag remains the first batsman to be dismissed by DRS.
9. Chris Martin (223 wickets) & B.S Chandrashekar (242 wks) has more test wicket than the run they scored.
10. Vinod Kambli still holds the record for the highest batting average for an Indian batsman in tests (54.20) which is higher than that of Sachin Tendulkar (53.78).
11. Ajit Agarkar has a century at Lords, While Sachin and Virat don't
12. Kapil Dev did not miss a single match in his 16-year cricket career. He represented India in 131 tests & 225 ODI's
13. Rassie Van Der Dussen has the best ODI average among the batsman scoring over 1000 runs.
14. Former Sri-Lankan captain Marvan Atapattu has been run out 41 times in his ODI career. Most by any other batters.
15. Muttiah Muralitharan has most duck (59) in international cricket.
How many above records surprise you ? You can add if you know any more such interesting records.The opinions presented here are the views of the writer and do not necessarily relfect the opinions of LetzCricket.